We have a strong and vibrant community. One of its great strengths is the large number of volunteers who help in every aspect of life in the Saratoga area. We are proud to be part of that. Our community involvement includes:
Service on Not-for-Profit Boards of Directors
- Sustainable Saratoga, Marian Wait Walsh, 2013 – Present. Serves as Treasurer and is a member of the Executive and Governance Committees.
- Saratoga Independent School, Saratoga Springs, Joseph M. Walsh, 2006 – 2011. (Also served as President)
- Saratoga Rowing Association, Inc. Marian Wait Walsh, 2005 - 2008
- Albany Medical Center. Marian Wait Walsh, 1996 - 2004.
- Association of Retarded Citizens Foundation. Marian Wait Walsh, 1998 - 2000.
- OASIS, a former substance abuse counseling service. Marian Wait Walsh, 1991 - 1995. (Also served as President).
- George Landis Arboretum. Marian Wait Walsh, 1990-1992.
- United Way of Northeastern, New York. Marian Wait Walsh, 1988 - 1990.
- Saratoga Independent School, Jesse P. Schwartz, 2014 - present.
"Hands-on" Volunteer Work
- “Safety boat” volunteer, and carpentry and other work on the new Saratoga Rowing Association boathouse. Joseph M. Walsh, 2005- Present.
- Saratoga Recreational Soccer Club Team Manager. Marian Wait Walsh, 2000 - 2003.
- Saratoga Youth Soccer Club coach. Marian Wait Walsh, 2003-2004.
Professional Volunteer Work
- Member, Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section of the New York State Bar Association ("NYSBA"). Joseph M. Walsh, 1994-Present.
- Statewide Co-Chair, Condominiums and Cooperatives Committee of the NYSBA, Joseph M. Walsh, 1996-2006.
Co-Author, Ch. 2 Escrow Agreements, Attorney Escrow Accounts, 3rd Ed., Coffey and Copps, Ed., © 2010. Joseph M. Walsh.Back to top